Subscribe to my newsletter for the latest updates, exclusive content, special discounts, free treats, free shipping, and opportunities to join my team.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Sunday, August 18, 2024


I have had pets for as long as I can remember. Each one has been special to me, and I’ve always wanted to give them the best care. But one thing I didn’t understand at first was how crucial it is to feed pets the right kind of food.
Healthy pets start with good nutrition. 
Let me tell you about Sonny, a sweet and beautiful Schnauzer I had. Sonny was not just a pet; he was a beloved friend. I thought I was a great owner because I gave him everything he wanted. I spoiled him in the way many pet owners do: by buying him treats and snacks. However, I didn’t pay much attention to what was in those snacks. I just bought whatever looked good at the store, thinking it would be good for him.

Unfortunately, this lack of attention to Sonny’s diet had serious consequences. Both Sonny and his sister, Inday, ended up developing diabetes. It was heartbreaking to see them suffer. Managing their condition meant giving Sonny insulin injections every 12 hours. This was a painful experience for both Sonny and me. I felt like I was hurting him every time I gave him a shot, and I struggled with the stress of his illness.

When Sonny and Inday passed away, I was devastated. Losing them was one of the hardest experiences of my life. I was not ready to have another dog right away. It took me about four years to feel ready to open my heart to new pets.

Now, I have two rescue dogs named Bailey and Gracie. This time, I am much more careful about their nutrition. I’ve learned from my past mistakes. I always read the labels on their food and treats to make sure they are healthy. I make sure to give them a balanced diet that supports their overall health and well-being.

Feeding pets the right kind of food is not just about keeping them happy. It’s about preventing serious health issues and avoiding costly vet bills. Just like with people, a good diet helps pets live longer, healthier lives. If you love your pets as much as I love mine, make sure you give them nutritious meals and pay attention to what’s in their food. This way, you can help them avoid health problems and keep them happy and healthy for years to come.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Embark on a journey with me where faith, Filipino food, organic pet food, and journaling intersect. Discover insightful perspectives, practical tips, and inspiring stories. Follow my blog to stay connected and inspired! Feel free to share my blog with others who might enjoy it!

Disclosure: My lifestyle blog partners with several brands and sponsor ads. This means when you click on product links on my site and make a purchase, I may earn a commission from these partners. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue providing you with valuable content. Thank you for your support!