Has America Become a Third-World Country? Let Me Explain



I grew up as a little girl during the years of President Ronald Reagan. When I think about America during that time, I remember a country that felt very different from the country we see today.

For many families, Dad went to work while Mom stayed home and raised the children. Families worked hard, followed the rules, and believed that America offered a better future. We did not hear many of today's political terms, such as “DEI,” “woke,” or “socialism,” in everyday conversations.

Today, I look around America and sometimes feel that my country is almost unrecognizable. One of the biggest concerns is illegal immigration. The United States has experienced a major increase in the number of people living in the country without full legal status. Pew Research Center estimated that about 14 million unauthorized immigrants lived in the United States in 2023, the highest number in its estimates.

This issue is not limited to people coming from Mexico or Central America. Migration routes have also brought people from many parts of the world. The question I believe Americans should be asking is simple: Can our country continue to absorb large numbers of people while still providing enough housing, schools, health services, and other public resources for everyone?

There are also serious concerns about government fraud. When people steal money from programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, or other government programs, taxpayers ultimately pay the price. Fraud should be investigated and prosecuted regardless of who commits it. We should not blame an entire nationality or immigrant community for crimes committed by individuals.

Another issue that deserves attention is birth tourism, where some foreign nationals travel to the United States specifically to give birth. America should have an honest national conversation about how citizenship, immigration, and birth tourism should work.

I am also concerned about the growing popularity of socialism in American politics. Many Americans may support individual programs without fully understanding what socialism means as an economic and political system. We should have serious, informed debates about what government should provide and how much responsibility should remain with individuals, families, businesses, and communities.

The American taxpayer should not feel forgotten. When working Americans struggle to pay rent, buy groceries, afford healthcare, or save for retirement, they naturally ask whether government resources are being used wisely. That question deserves an honest answer.

I believe America needs secure borders, legal immigration, strong enforcement against fraud, responsible government spending, and equal application of the law.

Immigrants who follow the legal process and contribute to America should be welcomed and respected. At the same time, entering the country illegally should not be treated as acceptable.

America has problems, but I still believe America can rebuild. We can restore confidence in our institutions, protect taxpayers, enforce our laws, fight fraud, improve our communities, and create opportunities for the next generation.

The goal should not be to destroy America. The goal should be to make America stronger, safer, cleaner, fairer, and worthy of the American dream once again. American Citizens stand up for AMERICA!

You may like these posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a comment below—share your thoughts, your “aha” moments, or your favorite takeaways. Let’s make this space a hub for encouragement, learning, and even a few laughs. I’d love to hear from you!