Why I’m Building More Than One Income Stream—and What I’m Working on Now



For a long time, we were taught that the normal way to make a living was pretty simple: find a job, work hard, and depend on that one paycheck.

But I’ve learned that there’s another way to look at it.

Instead of depending on just one source of income, I’m working on building several income streams around things I genuinely enjoy. I’m not trying to do everything at once or become successful overnight. I’m building little by little, learning as I go, and creating things that I hope can help other people along the way.

Right now, three areas I’m especially focused on are PawTree, my eBooks, and my custom journals.

My Work With PawTree

One of my income streams is my PawTree business.

I enjoy being able to work in an area that revolves around pets and helping pet parents learn more about products for their dogs and cats.

But I’m also learning that running a PawTree business involves much more than simply sharing products. It means learning how to communicate with people, building relationships, creating content, marketing online, and being consistent even when results don't happen immediately.

Those are skills I can use in almost everything else I do.

And that is something I've come to appreciate about having different projects. What I learn from one often helps me with another.

Creating My eBooks

Another area I've been exploring is creating eBooks.

I like the idea of taking information, experiences, or ideas and turning them into something useful that someone can read on their own time.

An eBook can start with something very simple: a question people frequently ask, something you've learned through experience, or a subject you know well.

Then you organize those ideas and turn them into a resource.

For me, creating eBooks isn't only about selling a digital product. It's also another opportunity to create something that belongs to me and can continue reaching people after the work of writing it is finished.

And every eBook teaches me something new about writing, designing, publishing, and marketing.

My Custom Journals

Then there are my journals.

This is probably one of the areas where I get to be especially creative.

I've been creating journals and planners for different purposes, including journals that help people think, plan, reflect, ask important questions, or keep track of things that matter to them.

I love the idea that a journal isn't just a book full of blank pages.

The right journal can become part of someone's everyday life.

Someone might use it to plan an important event, organize their thoughts, work toward a goal, record memories, or have conversations they might not otherwise have.

And when the journal is customized, it becomes even more personal.

Why Have More Than One Income Stream?

I don't expect every idea I try to become a huge success.

That's part of the journey.

Some things may work better than others. Some may take longer than I expect. And I'm sure I'll change directions more than once along the way.

But that's also one reason I like the idea of having multiple income streams.

If one area is slow, I'm not depending entirely on that one thing.

I'm also developing different skills and discovering what I enjoy most.

PawTree teaches me about relationship building and sharing products I believe can be useful to pet parents.

My eBooks allow me to turn ideas and knowledge into digital products.

My custom journals allow me to create something practical, personal, and creative.

They're different businesses, but they all have something in common:

I'm building something of my own.

I'm Still Learning

I want to be open about something else.

I'm still figuring all of this out.

You don't have to have everything perfectly planned before you begin.

Sometimes you start with an idea.

Then you try something.

You learn.

You make mistakes.

You improve it.

And then you try again.

That's where I am right now.

I'm learning more about online business, creating products, marketing, blogging, and finding ways to connect everything I'm working on without losing the personal side of it.

What I'm Working on Now

Going forward, I want to share more of that journey here on my blog.

I'll be writing more about my PawTree business and things I've learned about pet wellness and being a pet parent.

I'll also be sharing more about the eBooks I'm creating, including some of the ideas and stories behind them.

And you'll definitely see more of my custom journals and planners—especially as I experiment with new themes, designs, and ideas.

But I also want to talk about what happens behind the scenes.

What works?

What doesn't?

What am I learning?

What would I do differently?

Because I think those parts of building something are just as interesting as seeing the finished product.

Maybe You Have More Than One Passion, Too

If you're reading this and you've been thinking about starting something of your own, maybe you don't have to choose just one interest.

Your different interests may eventually fit together in ways you haven't thought about yet.

Start somewhere.

Learn something.

Create something.

And see where it takes you.

That's what I'm doing.

I'm building one project, one product, and one lesson at a time.

And I'm looking forward to sharing more of that journey with you.

Thanks for following along.

— Timi

You may like these posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop a comment below—share your thoughts, your “aha” moments, or your favorite takeaways. Let’s make this space a hub for encouragement, learning, and even a few laughs. I’d love to hear from you!