Subscribe to my newsletter for the latest updates, exclusive content, special discounts, free treats, free shipping, and opportunities to join my team.

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Monday, August 12, 2024


Starting my own business has been a journey that I hope will inspire others who are considering doing the same. It all began in September 2010, a time when I was ready for a change and eager to find something I could truly enjoy for many years to come.

First, I asked myself an important question: What makes me happy? I wanted to do something that I truly enjoyed, something that would keep me interested and motivated for decades. To answer this question, I took some time to reflect on what activities and tasks brought me joy, especially those I had done while working for others.

However, there was a challenge—I didn’t have the money to start a business. This lack of funds was a big obstacle, but I was determined not to let it stop me. I knew that starting a business with limited resources would require creativity and careful planning.

So, I decided to make a list of things I enjoyed doing. I wrote down all the tasks and activities that I found fulfilling while working for my previous employers. I focused on what aspects of my job made me feel happy and engaged. By putting these thoughts on paper, I was able to clearly see what I enjoyed the most.

Once I had my list, I started narrowing down my options. I looked at the things I liked the most and began reducing the list to just three choices. From these three, I picked the two that seemed most promising. I then evaluated which of these two choices would make me the happiest in the long run. After careful consideration, I decided to pursue the one that felt right for me.

Writing has always been a passion of mine. It all started when I was a little girl and my parents gave me a "Dear Diary" journal. Although the journal was meant to be used daily, it didn’t last for the full 12 months. Even so, this early experience with writing planted a seed.

In 2010, social media was not as prevalent as it is today. I began writing on Google’s blog platform. My blog, which is still active today on Blogspot, became a place where I could express myself and share my thoughts. Over time, my writing evolved from simple blog posts to creating various types of journals, from notebooks to recipes and daily life journaling.

As the years went by, my passion for writing grew. I started expanding my business to include creating and selling journals and eBooks. This was a natural progression from my early writing days, and it allowed me to share my experiences with others. My background in banking, where I worked for over 20 years, provided me with valuable insights and stories that I could incorporate into my writing.

In recent years, I also started a new venture: an organic pet dog business. Loving animals since childhood and always having pets around me made this business feel like the right choice. Combining my love for animals with my entrepreneurial spirit led to the creation of a business that I am genuinely passionate about.

Today, I am thrilled with what I am doing. I enjoy writing, creating journals, and producing eBooks based on my real-life experiences. Sharing my knowledge and experiences, especially how to start a business, has become a rewarding part of my journey. If you are struggling to find work and feeling disillusioned with the corporate world, it might be a sign that it’s time to consider starting something on your own.

Starting a business can be challenging, but it can also be incredibly fulfilling. It’s important to recognize your talents and passions. Sometimes, the struggles and frustrations you face in your current job can be a signal that you are ready for a new direction. By identifying what you love and pursuing it, you can create a business that not only supports you financially but also brings you joy.

In summary, my journey to starting my business was about finding what truly makes me happy, working within my financial constraints, and building on my existing passions. From writing blogs and creating journals to launching an organic pet dog business, each step has brought me closer to fulfilling my dreams. If you’re thinking about starting your own business, take time to reflect on what makes you happy, use your talents, and don’t be afraid to pursue what you love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Embark on a journey with me where faith, Filipino food, organic pet food, and journaling intersect. Discover insightful perspectives, practical tips, and inspiring stories. Follow my blog to stay connected and inspired! Feel free to share my blog with others who might enjoy it!

Disclosure: My lifestyle blog partners with several brands and sponsor ads. This means when you click on product links on my site and make a purchase, I may earn a commission from these partners. This helps support my blog and allows me to continue providing you with valuable content. Thank you for your support!